Sunday, July 27, 2014

Here Is Your Wonder Woman


At the San Diego Comic-Con. they unveiled the costume for Wonder Woman in the new "Superman v Batman: Dawn of Justice" due out in 2016. Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman (with a cameo/minor role?), Henry Cavill will be reprising his role as Superman/Clark Kent and Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. The Details of her part in the story line are still under wraps, but they do seem to be using the character to help promote the movie, as all three were at San Diego this weekend.
Gal Gadot

Ben Affleck

Henry Cavill
DC's Big Three

I can't really say anything bad about this movie so far. All the costumes look good (but don't get me on a rant about Superman's shorts...) and even the casting choices I am OK with. I know people had issue with Ben Affleck as Batman, but I remember the same scepticism when word came out in 1986 that Michael Keaton was cast in Tim Burton's Batman. I think Mr. Affleck is a good actor. His initial trip into the superhero world, while the movie itself wasn't the best, his portrayal of Mat Murdock/Daredevil was good. I don't really know to much about Gal Gadot other than she is a fashion model/new comer actress, and I enjoyed Henry Cavill as Clark/Superman in Man of Steel ( except for the whole neck snapping thing). There is also a rumor, though nothing confirmed as yet, that Jason Momoa will be Arthur Curry/Aquaman.

Aquaman? Maybe

Batman and the Batmobile
So far DC seems to be on the right track with this. I know they want to create a movie "Justice League" franchise like Marvel has done, I just hope they take their time. It took Marvel at the least 6 or 7 years of planing and set up movies to get to "The Avengers" last year.
With any luck, they will take their time and let the creative people they have hired, do the job they are paying them to do. I am a firm believer that the fastest way to ruin a creative endeavor is to let bureaucrats, executives or marketing people get their fingers on something. But so far, so good. Stay the course DC...stay the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment