Sunday, July 27, 2014

Badges, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Badges.


I'm calling bullshit.

For years, people always joke about police pulling more people over to make quotas at the end of a month. The Media ask them during fluff pieces and the police always laugh and say, no, that's just a urban myth, we don't do that. So...bullshit.

Over the four, five minute trips taking my daughter to work and back today. Over the course of a day, in the very small town (population just under 9,000) that I live in. On this last weekend of the month, and only a few days left till August 1st. I have past six (6)...yes, SIX traffic stops to and from where my daughter works on the far side of town. It wasn't busier than any other weekend. But the number of RCMP and local Bylaw Officers was just insane. One or two stops, and I wouldn't even have noticed. Even three or maybe even four wouldn't have raise my notice. But SIX!! Three of those on the 5 min trip home from picking her up!

"No quota" my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment