Friday, August 8, 2014

Fantastic Friday!!

Something else new seeing as Super Saturday/Sunday are going well. At least at getting me to post on a more regular basis. My favorite Family from Marvel Comics.

The Fantastic Four!

As far back as I can recall, this was always my favorite Marvel Comic book. Sure, I liked Spider-man...who didn't, but I just loved the "FF". I don't know if it was the stories (I love me some sci-fi tales) or their powers. Or maybe it was the fact that they were a family of heroes, which was and still is, kind of a original idea in comics. Whatever it was, it was always at the top of my picks for comics as a kid if I was short on cash.

Fantastic Four #1, November 1961


The FF by the great Jack Kirby

I had a copy of this when I was a kid. It still may be at my parents house.
FF # 59 on my wall. As old as me.


It also doesn't hurt that they have a great line-up of antagonists. As they say, a hero is only as good as the villains they face. And DOOM will not suffer anything but the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment