Sunday, September 14, 2014

Super Sunday!

Welcome to another weekly installment of "Super Sunday"! Hope you enjoy!



These hoodies are just one-offs done by some very talented artists. Too bad because I would so buy a few of these.

Kingdom Come Superman by Alex Ross
Mego Superman
Out of all the toys you had as a kid, some really stick with you. This 8" Mego Superman is one of mine. I packed him everywhere. Of course he was no where near as mint as the figure in the photo above (except when he was new). Mine was banged up, missing his boots, cape a little frayed and even had a replacement "S" shield cut out of a older cover of a Superman comic. I know, sacrilegious, but who knew back then that collecting them was going to be a thing. All my comic books where kept in a box under the bed, or the pile on my dresser. I don't know the fate of my old Superman. He may have been tossed when my old room was cleaned out after I left home, but there is a good chance he might be in a box stored someplace. My mom doesn't throw anything away. Maybe he will turn up someday.


Kneel before Zod


A cool bit of advertising

Mom and Dad


Man of Steel 6 part mini series, 1986.
The comic that told the new re-booted origin story of our favorite Kryptonian.

Superman by Joel DeSouza


No comments:

Post a Comment