Monday, March 22, 2010

Caprica 90210

I have been trying my best to keep up with Caprica. I am an old school Battlestar fan, as I grew up watching the original back in the late 70's. So when the "re-imagined" version came around I watched it sceptically. But I enjoyed it for the most part and by the end really enjoyed the whole experience. After the final episode came a straight to DVD release of the pilot for a spin off...Caprica. Set 58 years before the events of Battlestar Galactica, it is the story of life in the colonies before the first Cylon war told through the eyes of two family's. The Adama's and the Graystone's. I thought the pilot was alright. Not what I was expecting, but, hey, they had warned us that is wasn't going to be anything like BSG.


Well, here we are well into the first season...and so...what you are trying to tell me is that the super bad-asses of the universe...the very first one...the prototype that all others are based on is the mind/avatar of some spoiled, rich, 16 year old girl rebelling against her parents. Really....? wow.

You know...I have been a fan of all forms of science fiction, fantasy and anything related for most of my life. But I really think they lost me on this one. I work with youth and have known many 15-16 year old's who where opinionated and hated most adults. Think back to when you were that age....you knew everything and all adults where idiots that knew nothing. If this is the general premise I am shocked that it takes the Cylons that long to wipe out civilization. Most the rebellious teens I know, given an all-powerful robot body would get down to business a lot faster than that! God help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment